Midterm Room Mixup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It might be a little late in the semester, but if you’re anything like me you still want to decorate your walls and make your room as adorable as you possibly can. Thank God for Pinterest, Etsy, Instagram and Google for all the DIY and room inspiration a girl could ever need.

Bland walls – I personally cannot stand staring at my white boring walls. It’s easy to spice up your life whether a budget is an issue or not.

Morgan Meredith is an amazing self-taught artist from Nashville. Whether you’re looking for a bomb tapestry or beautiful prints to cover the walls, this girl has it all!

Check her out:

www.etsy.com/shop/MorgansCanvas 

Instagram: @morganscanvas

I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Ugly under the bed storage?

No one is a big fan of showing off the clutter that hides under their bed…(or your makeshift closet where you hang up all your clothes). Regardless, that red fleece blanket you’ve been using may need to go under the bed hidden by something a little more fashionable.

Sure a bed skirt is a “mom” approved option, but there are many other fun ways to spice up your space. Maybe mom will even get a little jealous she didn’t think of it herself.

Bins are fun, and you can color coordinate them to go with your room. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box and get something different than the $10 plastic ones at Walmart! Go to Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond, or The Fabric Store and make your own funky creations.

Curtains are a fun way to mix it up too! No need for black out curtains (unless you’re making a super cool movie cave to hide out and not do homework in) sheer and adorable ones will do just fine. Not everything has to be extravagant to be cool, so you do you.

3. Raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by poor dorm lighting

I know I have been… either the light is too bright, too yellow, too dim or you just want a cute lamp because you deserve one. Here are a few options that a collegiette has.

…and the simpler option

Be creative and do what feels right for you! Over spring break there is no harm in asking your parents to get you that one little thing at the store that might just make your room perfectly yours, and relieve your residual stress from midterms.

Stay crafty! 

Pictures: etsy.com/morganscanvas, makeit-loveit.com, placesinthehome.com, pinterest.com, gurl.com, decorlove.com, tumblr.com

My name is Kat and I chose to live the dream at St. Ambrose University.  During college I spent my time working, writing and enjoying time with friends.
Her Campus at SAU