This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Although Christmas is over 50 days away (but who’s counting) this Halloween you’ll see someone dressed up as the Grinch and you can bet that it’s Meredith McIntosh strutin’ her stuff dressed as her favorite movie character.

Meredith is a double major in Psychology and Sociology and a senior Bee this year —don’t even think about bringing up graduation— whose love for Ambrose and the famous bee puns is never ending. This Chicago native plans to move on to graduate school after graduation to become a high school counselor.

“I’ve always known I wanted to be a counselor because I want to help people achieve their dreams in life,” Meredith said.

Speaking of achieving dreams, this busy girl is on the Family Relations committee for Dance Marathon and loves interacting and building relationships with the families, hoping she can help the kiddos achieve their dreams as well.

When she’s not wearing orange FTK or with the psychology club, you can find Meredith running around Vander Veer or at the movies —especially on Tuesday nights— not afraid of the horror films most people dread seeing.

When she’s looking for some inspiration you can bet she turns to her Mom as her role model.

“She’s one of the most caring people I know,” Meredith said, “She understands me when I don’t even understand myself, not to mention all my friends call her their second Mom.”

Those who know Meredith, know that anything and everything she buys is pink which coincides perfectly with her favorite quote By Audrey Hepburn.

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”

As the temperature drops you can bet Meredith will be sipping on hot apple cider or hot chocolate with a splash of RumChata at the end of her day and catching up on the latest episode of “American Horror Story.”

This crazy lady with a beautiful smile is one Bee you want to get to know before the end of the year! Her advice to freshman, “Don’t take things too seriously, especially as an underclassmen. You’re barely 20, you have time to figure out your life and everything changes,” Meredith said. 

3 Fun Facts About Meredith:

1.     My bed and I have a great relationship

2.     I love reading for fun

3.     I want to inspire people!

Hey i'm Sam! SAU Senior. Chicago native. Self proclaimed pizza critic and Instagram guru. #GoBees
Her Campus at SAU