This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As someone who has a wide variety of music tastes I love expanding my horizons with different bands and genres alike. Finding new music that I enjoy is something that is a bit difficult to feel out due to the sheer breadth of content out there to explore. Which is why I was so happy to find Lovejoy, a band out of England, and all their lovely music they have to share. While the band has been around for a few years now, they are definitely starting to gain more and more traction in the industry and have grown in popularity! The band has 3 EPs out currently featuring songs like “Sex Sells”, “Perfume” and their most recent “Call Me What You Like”. 

Loveyjoy has a very peppy music, with strong  bass lines coupled with drums that you can’t help but want to jump around to – the guitar riffs coupled with the lead vocals come together to create an upbeat and very positive earworm. The band has a heavy online presence, complete with vlogs, and other content produced by several of the members involved. They have recently completed their tour of the United Kingdom, and there are rumors of a US tour in the works. 

Their next EP “Wake up and It’s Over” is planning to be released May 12th of this year, with the first single “Call Me What you Like” already being released. 

Overall this band is definitely one to invest in early, and following them will surely lead to an enjoyable musical experience. Lovejoy’s music career is definitely in its early stages, and finding an underground artist this wonderful is something that is not to be taken lightly. When they inevitably come to the United States, I recommend getting tickets before they become as unavailable as Taylor Swift’s have.

Just a psych major looking to share some words!