Let’s Taco Bout It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Happy National Taco Day! Lettuce celebrate one of the few national holidays close to my heart with Her Campus SAU recommendations. These are the best local places you can get mouthwatering tacos in the QCA! 

La Finca

Location & Hours: 916 W 2nd St, Davenport, IA 52802 (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)

Review: 4.7/5

What to Order: Chorizo or steak tacos with onions and cilantro, add a side of rice and beans! If you’ve never had horchata, this is the best place to try it! P.S. Their salsa is no joke – if you’re sensitive to spicy flavors, you’ve been warned.

Los Primos 

Location & Hours: 1143 E Locust St, Davenport, IA 52803 (10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.)

Review: 4.5/5

What to Order: Tacos de tripitas and barbacoa with everything! Add avocado if you’re feeling it. It’s good food that’s close to our SAU home.

Monarca

Location & Hours: 755 15th Ave, East Moline, IL 61244 (8 a.m. – 9 p.m.)

Review: 4.4/5

What to Order: Their carnitas tacos are insanely good. Get an order of fresh elote (Mexican street corn) and give your taste buds a whirl.

Azteca 

Location & Hours: 3566 Brady St, Davenport, IA 52806 (11 a.m. – 10 p.m.)

Review: 4/5

What to Order: You can never go wrong with chicken or steak tacos (Mexican style) and a side order of rice and beans. Add a jumbo marg and you’ll be having your own fiesta in no time.

Hungry Hobo

Location & Hours: 1432 Locust St #100, Davenport, IA 52804 (10 a.m. – 10 p.m.)

Review: 4/5

What to Order: The Taco Tato is one of a kind! It’s a baked potato that’s loaded with taco toppings, including Hungry Hobo’s famous chili. 

Image Credits: Taco Bout It, La Finca (@xo.chris), Los Primos, Monarco, Azteca, Hungry Hobo

Christine La is a senior at St. Ambrose University where she is pursuing a major in Public Relations and minors in Marketing and Management. When she's not blogging, she can be found at a local coffee shop satisfying her caffeine addiction, binging Friends on Netflix, and daydreaming of travel adventures. You can follow her on Instagram @xo.chris.