Katie Bailey ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Name: Katie Bailey

Year: Senior

Major: Secondary Education and English

Hometown: Indianola, Iowa

On-Campus Activities: Women’s Volleyball and The Buzz

Dream Job: My dream job is being a high school English teacher and coach and hopefully one day getting into administration.

What was the highlight of your summer?: The highlight of my summer was definitely running my first Bix 7.  It was such an awesome experience seeing the city get really get into supporting the whole event.

Do you have any big plans for your senior year?:  My plan for this year is to finish my last season of playing volleyball competitively with a bang hopefully as conference champs. I also will be student teaching in freshman English at Assumption High School in the spring.

Post-Grad plans: After graduation I hope to get a teaching job around the area.  Eastern Iowa has really grown on me.  It must be something in the water of the Mississippi.

Biggest Achievement (to date): One of my achievements that has meant the most to me is being selected as a captain for the volleyball team this year.  It was a dream of mine as a freshman and a huge honor that our coach saw the qualities of a leader in me and trusts me in this position.

What do you love most about SAU?:  What is not to love about SAU? I mean what other school has Father Chuck, a really nice library, an abundance of squirrels, and Nacho Wednesday?  In all seriousness, I love that Ambrose feels like a second home.  I have always felt supported by my professors and I have made some of my best friends here.