This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Voting day in the U.S. is on Tuesday, November 6th! However, in order to vote, you need to register! To register to vote, click on this! It is incredibly important to vote. Many people complain about the U.S. government, but not that many people vote on voting day! Most people vote for the presidential election, also important, but who has power of the house is critical.

If you want change, you need to vote for who you believe will best lead the country. Not all Republicans or Democrats are bad, so be sure to do your research before you vote! A list of names for the Iowa elections can be found by clicking here. If you live in Illinois, a list of the candidates running can be found by clicking here. When you vote, you’re not only voting for state representatives, the governor, and other large government figures! You are also voting for the education board (A CRITICAL VOTE), the circuit court, and the state legislative upper and lower house.

Be sure to do your research before you go and vote! But PSA: VOTE ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH!

Pusheen gif

Her Campus at SAU