How to Waste Time Now that Friends is Off Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, no one can ever replace Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, or Ross BUT there’s still hope. 

As much as I miss my daily dose of sarcasm from Chandler Bing, I can’t rationalize spending $110 dollars on the series. The good news, there’s still some binge-worthy shows left on Netflix (and other streaming services!) 

The Office

No explanation needed for this one

New Girl

I watch New Girl religiously and it’s honestly, dare I say, funnier than Friends (don’t come for me please). Nick Miller is seriously my spirit animal and Jess Day is the best friend we all need. 

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Hulu)

This actually is a new show! And so far it has strong potential! The show talks about some serious subjects, but the fact that people randomly burst into song in front of Zoey really lightens things up. 

Gilmore Girls

An oldie, but a goodie. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore make me laugh every time I watch an episode and it’s always good background noise. 

Million Little Things (Hulu)

Okay seriously this one is nearly perfect. This show is the perfect mixture of heart warming, sad, and funny. This show resembles someone’s real life. 

Lost in Space

Before anyone goes nuts, I know this is a remake. But it’s a good remake! It shows a family’s strength and courage while navigating space. 

Friends will always be binge-worthy, but we can all still waste hours at a time on Netflix if we try hard enough. 

Business Management // Accounting Sarcasm & ice-cream enthusiast
Her Campus at SAU