How to Survive Being Sick During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

So you’re dying because of finals, but now you’re dying because of being sick, too. Here are some ways to help you still do well on finals even though you’re under the weather.

1.)  Bring Kleenex to class

These save you from having to leave the classroom. And even if you did take medicine beforehand, these are a backup.

2.) DON’T stay up studying or on your phone all night

This really hurts you, and for all the studying when you could be sleeping at night, you’re actually damaging your brain cells. So, you’re not doing anything better. Check this article out if you want more proof.

3.) Utilize the Wellness Center

You’re sick and need to rest, but walking around the track is good for you, too. It helps build your immunity. Read this article for more detail about why exercise is good for you while being sick. Also, you’re helping your brain, which helps you retain information.

4.) Listen to creative music!

Music makes you happier! It reduces blood pressure and anxiety, too! Listening to Mozart helps make you feel better, and it helps you focus on studying or on papers. Not into just the classics? Try listening to Tokio Meyers, the winner of Britain’s Got Talent. He combines modern with classic!

5.) Eat well

Oh no. Here it is, the eatwell plate. Even if you were bombarded with this information in grade school, it really is important for you to have a nutritious diet. You can stress eat, but you should primarily be eating those plants and some carbohydrates.

6.) Take a break!

You’re not going anywhere by just cramming all day! So go ahead and take a break, then come back and get to work!

Hopefully these tips will help motivate you to do well for yourself and achieve the grades you want (and deserve)! If all else fails, just remember that you can almost go home and enjoy Christmas!

Kleenex Image, Sleep Image, Running Image, Food Image, Music Image, Break Image, Thumbnail

Her Campus at SAU