How to Finish the Semester Stress-Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s the week before Thanksgiving break and every awful deadline is approaching fast. Here are five easy tips to help every collegiate get through the rest of the semester stress-free.

1. Finish all of your current assignments, and look ahead in the syllabus. 

Putting in extra work while you have some free time will save you a lot of headaches in the next few weeks. As the semester comes to an end, it’s easy to get lazy. However, if you keep up your momentum, maybe you’ll still be able to squeeze in some Netflix during finals week. Start that 10-page final paper now, and then by the time it’s due, you’ll be way ahead of the game.

2. Use a planner.

Invest in a planner that works really well for you. Seeing what you need to be doing, and when you need to have it done by is key. Plan out each week, so that by the time finals roll around, you won’t go into full panic mode. You won’t forget about any group project, paper, or exam with your handy-dandy planner.

3. Get in those Zzzz’s.

Sleep will be your best friend in order to remain stress-free toward the end of the semester. There is nothing worse than having to run on coffee because you didn’t allow any time in your busy schedule for sleep. Between studying, going to class, work, and extra-curriculars, it will be easy to put sleep at the bottom of you to do list. Trust me, that will come back to bite you. Make sure you get your full eight hours, otherwise your grades and sanity might end up hating you.

4. Treat yo’self, girl.

It’s the end of the semester, so you’re probably out of Buzz Bucks and low on real people money, but sometimes treating yourself can be a huge mood-booster. Treat yourself to a coffee and study session at your favorite café, or maybe go out to lunch with friends. Whatever it may be, taking some time out of your busy schedule for a little personal spoiling can pull you out of a slump.

5. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

At the end of the day there is only so much studying one person can do. That being said, work hard, and then let the rest happen. Trying your best is all you can do, so don’t kill yourself stressing out about what else you could’ve done. If nothing else, just remember that you get to relax and unwind as soon as you’re done with your last final. 

With finals only a handful of weeks away, get organized and start taking care of yourself. With these tips, you’ll be crossing the fall semster finish line with high scores and gold stars. We beelieve in you! 

Image Source: okay let’s do this, Schmidt

Her Campus at SAU