Her Campus writer, Hannah Wilke, says “See ya later!”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

St. Ambrose means the world to me. I have vivid memories coming here as a little girl, watching my brother play basketball, and I always knew in my heart I would be a student here someday. If it’s not the beautiful campus taking my breath away, it’s the amazing people who make up this campus. Though I’ve had some rough patches over the years, I’ve been able to overcome them with the help of some amazing folks right here on campus.

I came to school with one idea of how things were going to go, but after freshman year, I decided that wasn’t who I was supposed to be anymore. I got strong and found in myself the courage to pursue different things and I am so glad I did just that. I adjusted my degree a little bit, looked at my program evaluation and thought “why should I take three years to do this, when I can easily knock it out in 2?” So I walked into my advisors office and told her I’m graduating before I turn 21. She knew I could do it and agreed to help me pull this off. After that shining moment, everything fell into place. I became president of an honor society, got hired as an NSS peer assistant and got selected to be a peer mentor for the counseling services, among many other things. These adventures were just what I needed to give me that extra boost in life. I opened up my head and heart fully to the Ambrose Advantage and started soaking up every amazing moment I could.

I have too many favorite memories of Ambrose to share just one, but all of my communication classes just blend into one big memory. That department is one great second family to have. I have made the best friendships and had a blast with the professors.  I’ve never laughed so hard than I had in some classes.

There’s so much I’m going to miss about Ambrose and I feel bad leaving my friends and second family so soon. But I know that this University has prepared me well enough to follow my heart and succeed out there in the real world. I want to take a few seconds to thank all the faculty and staff and even you, my friends, for inspiring me and showing me the essential keys to life.

And because I love Mary, and the rest of the Her Campus staff, my journey doesn’t end here. I’ll continue to write articles from time to time next year! Pray that something good happens in my life so I’ll be able to share interesting stories with you devoted readers!

I want to leave you with some words of wisdom. If you’re ever feeling down, find the cause of it and end it right then and there. Life is too short and precious to be wasted on what makes you unhappy– only do the things you love. And also, don’t procrastinate! Part of the reason why I’m so successful is because I devote my time and energy properly.

I hope you all realize how good you have it at St. Ambrose, and I promise to not be a stranger in the upcoming years. You all never gave up on me, and I’ll never give up on you.

A lover, dreamer and overachiver.