Spring 2023 Grads
Spring 2023 Grads
Original photo by Veronica Alfred
Culture > News

Goodbye to our Spring 2023 Members

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With commencement coming around the corner we are saying goodbye to two members as they graduate. These girls contributed so much to our chapter and will be missed. I have the great privilege of meeting both of these lovely ladies and call them my friends. Let me introduce/say goodbye to them as they move on to the next chapter of their lives. Here are the two lovely souls that are graduating on May, 20th 2023!

Spring 2023 Grads
Original photo by Veronica Alfred

Katie Stock

I have known Katie for 3 years in Her Campus. She is smart and has such a sweetheart. She has been such a big part of our chapter throughout her time in college. One of my favorite memories with Katie is this year from our power point night where we got ice cream afterwards. She is a four year member and currently on the executive board as an editor. Katie is majoring in Forensic Psychology and plans to continue her education at SAU in the CRJU Masters’ Program. 

Katie grad shot
Original photo by veronica alfred

Yazmeen Perez

Yaz is from Chicago. I have only gotten to know her for a year in the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion office where we work together. She is such a pure heart and cares so much about those around her. Yaz is a beautiful human being on the inside as well as the outside. Yaz is so much more than a coworker to me and is a close friend and I am so lucky to have gotten the opportunity to meet her. She lights up any room that she walks into with her positivity and warm personality. I don’t have one favorite memory with Yaz because she always makes me smile and have a fun time even if I am in a bad mood or not doing good. She is a first year member that joined us this Spring. Even though she just joined us she has been such an important part of everything we have done this semester. Yaz is also involved in Latinos Unidos, a Resident Advisor for the Townhouses and is a first generation college student. She is majoring in Spanish and minors in Leadership & Marketing. Yaz won the most incentive points for the spring semester but she also won the Dr. Ann Preston Award(Writer of the Year). This is the biggest award we hand out each year so she is the top member for our chapter for the 22-23 school year. Yaz has accepted a position at Lewis University working in the admission department.

Yaz Grad Shot
Original photo by Veronica Alfred
Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.