This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

For those that do not know, Ginny & Georgia is a tv show that follows a mother and daughter as they recently moved to New England. The mom, Georgia, is constantly on the run and she creates a new personality/persona in every new place she lives. When something goes wrong, she packs up everything and moves across the country. This has negatively effected her 2 kids, Ginny and Austin. Towards the end of season one, Ginny (the daughter and main character) found out about her mom’s past and decided to run away with her younger brother Austin. Season two picked up right where season one left off and it was intense!

Season two covers a lot of different mental health and personal issues that people all over the world can relate to. They covered depression, self-harm, anxiety, body dysmorphia, family issues, self-coping, friendship problems, racism, and so much more. Bringing all of these different concerns into a show and correctly portraying these concerns is something that not a lot of shows can do well. I found that Ginny & Georgia is the one show that can help people and bring light to some very difficult situations.

Aside from the mental health factors, the show was packed with a lot of twists and turns. There were so many times I had to stop what I was doing, rewind, and stare at the screen in shock. I often positively ranted to my friends about the show because I could not believe how 10 episodes could hold so much action and drama. The first season was kind of slow and was really cheesy at times, but the second season is so much better and hold so much power.

I challenge you all to get past season one and watch season two! Ginny & Georgia is a must-watch so add it to your list on Netflix now!

I am a sophomore majoring in Early Childhood education with a concentration in Special education. I am a resident advisor!