Fun Fall Festivities in the Quad Cities

Its finally pumpkin spice season but there are so many other fun things to do in the fall. While the Quad Cities may not seem super fall friendly you would be surprised of all the amazing things there is to do during this spooky season.

If you’re anything like me then you grew up going to pick pumpkins and apples once the air turned crisp. Every September my family would drive from Chicago to County Line Orchard, on the Illinois Indiana border and we would spend a day on the farm. This is a memory I cherish and am looking to continue while I am in college. So, I did all the research to find the BEST Pumpkin Patches, Apple Orchards, Corn Mazes, and Farms.

Some great Apple Orchards within an hour distance are:

• Camp Creek – Lynn Center, Il
    • They have apples ready to pick, plenty of Pumpkin and Gourds and they even have some potted plants to bring home!
  • Stones Apple Barn- East Moline, Il
    • They have apples ready to pick, and they have a store with jams, preserves, apple cider and more.
  • Wilson’s Orchard and Farm- Iowa City, Ia
    • Wilson’s has a little bit of everything. On their property they have a farm market, a Cidery, a smokehouse, and then they have the fields where you can pick your own apples and veggies!

Some Great pumpkin patches in the area are:

No matter where you end up this fall I’m sure you’ll have so much fun. I hope these suggestions are useful and that you have a great spooky season.

Major~Biology and Psychology Dream job~Occupational therapist with kiddos College athlete Music,Dog,Book and Food Lover Fun Fact~I LOVE hiking and anything involving nature!!