This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Starting college is an exciting step in one’s life, but it can definitely be stressful or scary at times. For those awaiting your freshman year here are some tips on how to make the most out of your first year at university. Keep these tips in mind once you start classes, but more importantly don’t forget to have fun along the way!

1)Remember that every person you meet in college has something to offer you.- you meet a lot of new people at college branch out and talk to people you may have never have talked to before.

2)Be organized and make deadlines your priority.- this isn’t high school you actually have to turn in your work and do it on time.

3)Never. Ever. Plagiarize.- you’ll get caught. You write a lot of papers and writing is one of the core skills you need in college.

4)Meet with your academic advisor on a regular basis/ go to office hours.- the professors are here to help, use them.

5)Don’t be afraid to drop a class you don’t like.- if you don’t like it don take it.

6)Take care of your health.- that’s all. Take care of yourself.

I am Haylee Thurmond. I am a freshman, my major is psychology. I love to shop, drink coffee, watch Netflix, and hang with my friends. my instagram is haylee.thurmond :)