Anna Schultz-Girl Relaxing In Pool
Anna Schultz-Girl Relaxing In Pool
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Finishing a College Sport for the Year

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

My first college season has just come to an end for the year, and I am reflecting about how the season went. I have been swimming competitively for over 11 years, and have made many memories over the years.

As a college student this year, it was a different experience than I have had in past seasons. Specifically, with the team dynamic. I have made some amazing friends this year, which I normally do not make. I have felt like I have made connections with people that if I was not in swimming, I would not have ever meet. I am thankful for those friends. We see each other regularly and enjoy our time together.

Additionally, I have improved my technique over the season. My coach was able to spend some time with me to focus on my technique to help me improve. Even though my times did not improve, I still had an amazing season and am excited for the next season to start next fall.

Sarah is a writer at HC at St. Ambrose University. Beyond HC, Sarah is involved in Campus Ministry, Swim and Dive, Quercus, and Honors Program. Sarah is majoring in Elementary Education with endorsements in middle school and special education. In her free time, Sarah likes to read, go on walks, sleep, and go camping. A fun fact about Sarah is that she was born without part of her left knee.