This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

There is so much pressure on choosing knowing your major or what you want to do in life on us at such a young age. Perhaps trying the personality inventory test could help? Here’s what I thought of my results after taking it. 

After completing the personality test, the results came out to be INTJ, which stands for Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging. We are energized by being alone, focus on different ideas and we make decisions based on our thoughts. We also like to plan and have everything be according to some sort of agenda. It says that INTJ tend to be problem solvers, always wanting things to be improving with all their aspects in life. They are attracted to logical systems and dislike unpredictable nature of other people and their emotions. When it comes to their relationships, they are very selective about them which I could relate to. 

The results that I received did not surprise me and, it described me pretty accurately. I’m an introvert and I tend to stay to myself. We are more on the reserved and serious side and tend to be thinking a lot, which I agree on because I enjoy spending time alone and in my own world. If I were to hang out with friends or people, it could only be for a while until I start to get drained. It also mentioned how INTJs like improving their life, in all areas, to achieve their goals which I can relate to through trying to become a better version of myself through working out and trying grow mentally and physically. 

The career fields that INTJ are typically good in are science, technology, business, and law. As of right now my major is exercise science because to be completely honest, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do career wise, and I knew I liked the health and wellness field which is why I choose exercise science. Ultimately, I would like to open my own gym and a coffee shop because I love coffee so perhaps, I might switch to business; we’ll see. 

In the end, taking this test and seeing the results that were given was very fascinating to see how accurate they were which, in a way, re-validated my current thoughts that I have been unsure with due to not knowing what exactly what I wanted to do in life. 

Im a freshman at SAU with a major in exercise science