Style > Beauty

Fighting off Dryness During the Weather Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As the year continues, we enter into the lovely weather conditions of cold in the mornings, slightly less cold during the and, and definitely a lot colder at night. However, with all these temperatures changing, there are some other unkind side effects that come with it. The main culprit for me this year, has been the dryness that has drained my skin of any and all moisture. I wake up with a dry face, a dry mouth, and hands that feel like they’re going to crack at any point. I’m sure I’m not alone in this phenomena, so I’m hoping to share some of tricks with you reader, in order to help out where I can.

First in foremost, the most obvious answer is to moisturize at give availability. One of my guilty pleasures is scented lotions, and all those time’s I’ve caved in and bought a tube is starting to pay off. Keeping a small lotion in your bag or backpack can be life save during class or in between work meetings! Not only is it a great way to help your skin, but the little refresh of softer hands and a lovely scent is always a good way to ground yourself while working on your latest project. Moisturizing of course is not limited only to your limbs,  or course, and I’m sure we all have our favorite face lotion that is a part of your skincare routine. While you may not be able to carry around your whole collection of skincare, keeping something like Aquaphor or Vaseline may be a great way to keep your face protected from the dry winds surrounding it. They’re also easy to get miniature containers of for your desk, bag, or car!

Keeping hydrated is another great way to fight of the early spring dehydration. The coveted Stanley cups not only look great, but keeping them filled with water or some other kind of beverage can keep you and your skin free from any discomfort. And if you struggled with drinking water, congrats! You now have yet another benefit to motive you into keeping up with your H2O. Whatever brand your cup or water bottle is, don’t let it collect dust, and make sure to always keep it full and within reach.

Now these things are great but they don’t always attack the actual dryness of an area. Now office and school buildings alike seem to be notorious for being stuffy around this time of year, and while those things might be out of your control, there may be something else you could do to help tackle this. A mini humidifier can help keep any smaller area free from the dryness that sneaks in with the time of year. You can keep it on your desk, or even find a rechargeable one to keep in your car during your commute! Whatever size humidifier you get, or wherever you keep it, it is sure to be invaluable this time of the season.

Just a psych major looking to share some words!