yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style

Fashion Nova Jeans (Are They Worth The Hype?!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Happy fall y’all! The leaves are falling and so is the temperature which means it’s officially jeans season. I love a good pair of jeans as much as the next girl, but there is nothing I hate more than shopping for them. It’s exhausting and discouraging trying on pair after pair with no luck at that perfect fit. What if I told you the perfect jeans exist and you don’t have to leave your couch to find them?! I know, it sounds too good to be true. I ordered five pairs of Fashion Nova jeans to put them to the test. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about these life changing jeans!

A big struggle I have with jeans is that annoying gap at the waist. You know, when they fit perfectly everywhere except around your waist? I didn’t believe it until I wore them, but these jeans fit perfect from ankle to waist! I ordered all of these jeans in a size 5 and will put my measurements at the bottom for your reference. In my experience, they all ran true to size. As some of you may know, I am a babe on a budget and live for good deals. Each of these jeans were purchased from the “under $20” section and added with a 30% off coupon ended up being only about $15 per pair! 

For you ladies who have never heard of Fashion Nova, it is a brand based in California that is endorsed by celebs like Kylie Jenner, Nicki Minaj, Kim K, Cardi B, and more (all found sporting some Fashion Nova faves on their Insta). They are most known for their jeans, designed to fit the “slim-thick” girls perfectly, but also fit every body type. These jeans are also legendary when it comes to showing off your assets. 

“The girls who rock our styles are adventurous, inspirational and badass,” is one of the mottos found on their website. 

Erika Ankle Jeans 

The first pair I ordered separately to get a feel for the size. I loved them so much when I received them I ordered the other four pairs right away! These are a high rise jean which goes just above my belly button, perfect for pairing with a crop top. They are very stretchy, almost like jegging material, which makes them so comfortable! 

Real Talk Booty Lifting Jeans in black

This pair of jeans is perfect for dressing up. Who knew you could mix comfortable and professional? These jeans are mid rise which comes just below my belly button. One downside is the front pockets are fake, but you still have the two back pockets.

Let’s Get Carried Away Jeans

This pair comes in a medium wash and feature Fashion Nova’s signature booty lifting technology. The fading on the back side of the jeans is like contouring for your bum. Flaunt what your mama gave you or enhance what she didn’t. These jeans hug every curve you want them to and cinch the ones you don’t. 

Lola Jeans

These jeans are perfect for going out on the town. The black dresses it up but the distressing adds a more cool and casual vibe. As the rest of the jeans, these are also form fitting and so comfortable!

Work That Booty Lifting Jeans

This last pair comes in a dark wash, but still features that glorious booty lifting technology. This pair fits a little bit looser than the others as well, so if you don’t like a skin tight fit these may be better for you!

Final Thoughts

Each of these jeans are very stretchy and comfortable. They also each have nice sized pockets that I can fit my phone and id holder in. As soon as I put them on they became my new favorite brand of jeans. I highly recommend giving them a try! When ordering, don’t forget to read the description of each because the inseam, rise, and material of the jeans will vary slightly from pair to pair. I am about 5’5 and I had to roll them all at least once. Most of these jeans will also shrink a little in the wash, but in my experience they will stretch back out when you wear them. Also, don’t forget to use this 30% off code to save a little extra on your purchase!

My measurements:

Waist – 27in

Hips – 39in

Inseam – 28in

Happy Shopping, Nova Babes! xo

All photos provided by Alissa DeShane 

Senior Editor Early Childhood Ed Pole Vault & Javelin Babe on a Budget xoxo -alissa deshanealissam@sau.edu
Her Campus at SAU