This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Oh, Valentine’s Day. The sweetest holiday of them all for those of us who are in love’s sweet embrace–but just another day for those of us who don’t happen to be. As someone who just got out of a relationship, it can feel like there is this looming sense of doom on the horizon, “I am going to feel so lonely on Valentines Day.” The reality is though, just because you happen to be alone on Valentines Day, it doesn’t mean you have to be lonely. Here is a list of a few tips to help combat those feelings, and help make a plan for your Galentine’s Day!
  1. What is your absolute favorite food or meal? Get it for yourself and set up a fun picnic in your room. The same goes for your favorite drink. Let yourself indulge a little. You deserve it!

2. Take yourself on a date! Seriously, this is one of the most fun things to do. What is something that you have always wanted someone to take you on a date to do? Stop waiting for someone else and do it for you!

3. Have a spa day at home! Run a bath and light some candles (or take a long shower if you are in a dorm), do a facemask, paint your nails, do your hair and makeup, etc.

4. Plan phone calls or facetimes with your parents, siblings, friends–anyone that makes you feel loved!

5. Go for a walk, go to the gym, or do yoga in your room. Anything to get you active will make you feel better and release those happy hormones!

6. Get all dressed up and do your hair and makeup. Set up a self timer photo shoot and hype yourself up. You are beautiful and don’t need anyone elses validation.

7. Binge watch your favorite show, or watch your favorite movie. Try to avoid RomComs if you aren’t in the mood.

8. Most important of all, plan out what stores you are going to hit on Monday for the post Valentines Day candy sales. Better yet, make a list of all the candies you want to get, where to get them, and then make the plan. Hit Starbucks on your way too. Again, you deserve it girl!

Happy Galentine’s Day!!
Hi! My name is Isabelle. I am a Junior at SAU majoring in Secondary Ed and English with an endorsement in ESL. I enjoy brunch dates, discovering new places, thrifting, and can usually be found in the woods hiking.
Her Campus at SAU