Untitled design 4?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Untitled design 4?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Polydor and Interscope/Universal Music New Zealand/Republic Records
Life > Experiences

Experiences to have While you’re in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

There is more to the college experience than going to class and writing papers. What we remember most down the road are other college traditions; the mascots and all of those quirky activities. Every college has traditions, some are tried and true. You’re  still young and college is supposed to be filled with lots of fun. Your college list should reflect on you personally, but here is a list of 10 things to do while you’re in college.

1) Complain about dorm food- it will be nothing like your parents food, but it’s keeping you alive 

2)Celebrate the first snowfall- we live in Iowa. It will snow, but get outside have a snow ball fight or build a snowman. Like Elsa once said “Let it go”

3)Catch a play on campus- support your fellow bees. Who knows the next big Hollywood star might be on that stage 

4)Sit in on a class you’re not even taking- that professor is just that good

5)Go to office hours- really. Professors have them for a reason

6)Join a club- basic, but tried and true

7)enjoy ramen- it’s literally a survival food at this point 

8)Dress up- feel good about yourself

9)learn a new langauge- it is hard, but if you’re dedicated go for it

10)step out of your comfort zone-really, just try it. You’ll have much more fun at college if you do:)

I am Haylee Thurmond. I am a freshman, my major is psychology. I love to shop, drink coffee, watch Netflix, and hang with my friends. my instagram is haylee.thurmond :)