Easter: The time to Reflect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Easter has always been the holiday where I reflect on my life. Those forty days of Lent allow reflection and thought about my life. I seem to think of what is most important in my life, how my life has changed since the previous year. From being 19 years old to now, being 20, a lot has changed which has made me a stronger and better person.

I am so fortunate to have a family that loves me. My large family is giving, unconditional, loyal, funny, and always there for me. My family always manages to be there for me, despite the fact we all are spread out across Iowa. We always manage to stay in touch and are fortunate enough to rely on each other. My friends are like my family. No matter how many times we fight, or feel alone, they are always there on the other side of the tunnel. In the past year, I have met and made a lot of new friends. Freshmen year was a great experience involving meeting new people. Sophomore year, I have settled into my friend group, and I am thankful for the people that have come into my life. These people I am friends with now are ones I want to be friends with for a long time.

I am also fortunate to be attending a great institution. I am surrounded by mentors who care about my education and success. The university creates great resources for my continuing path towards a great career. I have always been thankful for St. Ambrose because it provides a place I can call “home” whenever I am here. I love the campus, the people, and most importantly the person I am when I am here.

I think that in the past year I have become a more independent person. Going into my second year of college, independency is a given. For a while, I was considering what my summer would entail: stay at school or go back home. After much reflection, I decided to stay at school this summer. This will allow me to live on my own, have an internship and still go to school. This will provide a level of independence that I am excited to learn and gain from.

So Easter is the time for me where I reflect on my life’s givings….what’s yours?

Hi readers! My name is Mary Blesz! I am a sophomore at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. I am double majoring in Marketing and Management, with minors in Public Relations and Organizational Leadership! I am involved with Residence Life on campus, and also cannot wait to help with St. Ambrose's Dance Marathon! Helping out the kids is such a fulfilling thing I have done in the past and can't wait to see where this goes! FTK (For the Kids!)When I am not busy with the mountian full of homework I always have, I will normally be seen with all my friends! My friends are great group of people that I have met here at Ambrose! College has opened my eyes to so many new people! It is kind of interesting to me to meet people from all over; like Chicago (lots of my friends are from the area) and even people who loved in the same hometown!!!I have a huge "passion for fashion." I love to see what is most popular, and incorporate the latest trends within my own style. My style has a mixture of what my mood of the day is! One day I can pull out the high-waisted shorts and the crop top and flaunt my ombre hair, and then another day, wear the classic peplum top, with my hair pulled into a fashionable bun! I love reading about the latest trends and expressing it through my own personal style! I hope you enjoy what I can share with you through my own experiences and stories! Enjoy!!!!
Her Campus at SAU