Life > Experiences

Dr. Sarah Eikleberry: Brains, Brawn, Beauty

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Dr. Sarah Eikleberry is a busy individual, balancing roles as a professor, advocate, researcher, leader, and a vocal advocate on campus. Dr. Eikleberry joined SAU in 2013 as an adjunct faculty member and is now an associate professor of Kinesiology and affiliate faculty member in the Women and Gender Studies program. Outside of academics, Dr. Eikleberry acts as an advocate and leader for many different organizations and causes. Dr. E advises the LGBTQ+ student group PRISM, she also serves as Board Treasurer for Iowa Safe Schools. Dr. E is a strong support of LGBTQ+ issues, and is dedicated to improving SAU through her brains, brawn, and beauty. 

Dr. E is a really nice person inside and outside of the classroom. She is very approachable and personable. She is very passionate about teaching. I really enjoy her as a professor, is really funny too! I few great classes to take with Dr. Eikleberry are KIN 273: Women in Sport and KIN 363: Law in Sport, Physical Education, Exercise Science, and Leisure. 

To learn more about Dr. Eikleberry and her research click here!

Abby is a VP Editor in Chief at HC@ SAU. She overseas the editors and editing articles. Beyond HC, Abby is involved in STEP. Abby is majoring in Human Performance and Fitness, Pre-Occupational Therapy. In her free time, Abby enjoys playing with her bunny, Lulu and going out with friends to get coffee. Fun fact: Lulu is our club mascot!