This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Relaxation is one step away

College is a very stressful, between the late nights studying and the copious amounts of junk food consumed it can wreak havoc on your body! And anyone who has stepped foot into Sephora knows that skin products are EXPENSIVE and filled with harsh chemicals! So this article is going to show you how to make your own all natural face masks, and body and lip scrubs.

Supplies Needed:

• Nutmeg

• Honey

• Cinnamon

• Oatmeal

• Lemons

• Brown Sugar

• Vaseline

• White sugar

• Olive Oil

• Sea Salt

Face Masks

Lemon Honey Face Mask to Calm Skin, Tone and Lighten

Ingredients:

• 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tsp local, raw or Manuka Honey
  • 1-2 drops frankincense essential oil (for extra scar fighting power)

Mix ingredients until it becomes a liquid consistently. Apply on a freshly cleansed face. Leave on for 20 minutes or longer. Sometimes I leave on for up to an hour. Rinse with warm water and apply moisturizer of choice.

Honey Oatmeal Mask to Fight Acne and Pamper Skin

Ingredients:

• 2 TB old fashioned rolled oats
  • ½ TB lemon juice
  • 2 TB honey
  • 4 drops tea tree essential oil

Grind the oats. In a small bowl mix together ground oats, lemon juice, honey, and tea tree oil. Apply to face to create a mask. Leave on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Remove the mask with cold water and a washcloth.

Calming & Soothing Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Honey Mask

Ingredients:

• 2 TB raw or Manuka Honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg

The consistency should be like a thick paste. After it’s all mixed, apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water, scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation.

Lip/Body Scrubs

Brown Sugar Body Scrubs

These are great for getting rid of dry winter skin, and possibly even a way to prep your body for sunless tanning.

Ingredients:

• ½ cup of coarse brown sugar
  • 1 TB of raw, or manuka honey
  • 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
  • ¼  TB of fresh lemon juice

Then apply all over your body and rinse. The scrub not only smells delicious, but leaves your skin feeling ultra-smooth.

Refreshing Citrus Salt Scrub

• 1 Cup Sea Salt
  • ¼ Cup Olive Oil
  • ½ tsp Lemon Juice

Mix these ingredients and apply wherever needed, don’t forget to rinse and moisturize after application. Be sure to save leftovers in an airtight container for next time!

Beautiful White Sugar Lip Scrub

• 1 spoonful of white granulated sugar
  • 1 TB Vaseline or Coconut Oil

Mix together and apply to the corners of your mouth and rub this mixture with light strokes around with your finger or a used toothbrush. Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a hydrating lip balm to replenish your lips.

Spa day is now one trip to the grocery store away!

Now this level of pampering and self care is for everyone, hello fellas yes I’m talking to you! Hygiene and self care is not feminine, if you look good you feel good and that can change how others perceive you. Now fair warning these skin care recipes may affect the ranges of skin types differently. So if any irritation or discomfort appears please rinse off the masks sooner than the prescribed time, and monitor the situation. We shouldn’t always live by the age old saying “Beauty is pain”. But all in all I hope these recipes work for you like they did for me.

Forensic Psychology Major// Social Work Minor Amateur Blogger Future Dog Mom Fashion Guru Want-to-Be Saint Ambrose University Graduating Class 2020
Her Campus at SAU