andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Continuing My Long Distance Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

One of the saddest moments of ending my freshman school year was knowing I’d have to spend three months away from my partner. After seeing him 3x a week, to not seeing him until my sophomore year. The ride home was full of worrying questions like “How will we continue our relationship?” I didn’t want the fire we had to die out. We didn’t have time to meet up for a weekend as we both worked on the weekends so how could we be able to communicate?

The best solution we had was facetime. We didn’t call every day, but roughly 2-3 times a week. Our long conversations and making plans when I was coming back kindled our fire. Our huge dreams and goals of what we want our future to look like kept the convo rolling smoothly.

Suddenly, it was the day I made the long, boring drive while hauling my totes back to my lovely campus. The moment I saw him, his red hair shining in the afternoon sun hold a boutique of white flowers I ran into his arms and cried. After 3 long months, I finally got to see him again, the person I call my love, my best friend, my cuddle buddy. I was finally wrapped in his warm arms.

Now, I am almost done with my second week of classes. So far we have gone to the park, went grocery shopping, and ate at our favorite places such as Village Inn. There will be more exciting activities we have planned such as Drive-In Movie Theater and celebrating our 6 months in a few weeks.

Hello, I'm Aimee! I'm a small town farm girl who's majoring in Criminal Justice here in the Quad Cities.