This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Need a quick outfit idea? Here are a few fashionable styling tips to help you dress for Christmas: 

Casual 

If you’re not the person to really dress up for the holidays, you can always keep it effortless with jeans and a sweater. To fit in with Christmas, it’s best to at least wear a red, white or green colored sweater. 

Party

Dress to impress this holiday season! A simple white turtle neck sweater paired with a sequined skirt is just what you need to wear to a Christmas party. This is a perfect night time outfit. Keep it classic with a navy blue or black sequined skirt. You don’t want to be to flashy or festive. Add a pop of red lips and nails, which helps the look stay sophisticated and fun for any event. 

Relaxed 

If your family doesn’t do anything special for Christmas, you can wear a more relaxed outfit. Don’t worry, this can make an Insta-worthy photo. Sweater, plaid sleepwear pants, and moccasins keeps you warm and cozy. You can also find cute pajama sets at Target, American Eagle/Aerie, Victoria’s Secret/Pink, or T.J.Maxx/Marshalls. 

Fancy

You never know when there’s an extremely fancy gathering that you need to attend. Closed toe heels, black long sleeve top, tights, and a gold or sliver sequin skirt completes your fancy attire. You can trade the sequin skirt for a lacey cream skirt. A dark red or true bright red lip is a must for this look. If you’re not into wearing red lips, keep it a dark burgundy or mauve. 

Basic 

Corduroy skirts and suede booties are super trendy right now. Let’s not forget the leopard print earrings! This is your most basic, easy going outfit. Trust me when I say you can easily find all of this at Forever 21. Affordable and stylish. This outfit looks great for Christmas or any special holiday festivities. 

Major: Marketing // Minor: PR  Fashion, food and Instagram.  Follow-up with my articles to learn more about me and Her Campus at SAU. #GoBees