IMG 3168?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 3168?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo by Maeve Reilly
Style > Beauty

My CeraVe- Product Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

CeraVe is a dermatologist-developed brand founded in 2005 that focuses on a simple routine that strengthens the skin’s barrier. Every product contains three essential ceramides (where the brand got its namesake): lipids naturally found in the upper layer of skin that prevents transepidermal water loss and protects and moisturizes the skin’s barrier. Rounding out the ingredient lists is often other hydrating agents like hyaluronic acid and soothing niacinamide.

One thing you’ll never find in CeraVe’s products is fragrance, which is common in many products at the drugstore. 

Here are some of my favorite CeraVe Products: 

Hydrating Facial Cleanser

“I try to stick to gentle products when it comes to cleansers because I’ve found that I get the best results when I’m using something that isn’t too harsh. I’ve tried a lot of different types of cleansers throughout my skincare journey, and this one is definitely my favorite. I love that it’s hydrating because although I generally have combination skin, it dries out so quickly in the fall and winter. I use this cleanser nightly, and it helps keep my skin looking its best.”

Moisturizing Cream

“With my face being super sensitive to products, it can be frustrating to find the perfect products without spending hundreds of dollars. With winter right around the corner, I finally found a true god-sent that just keeps my skin moisturized all night long while also feeling very refreshed in the morning. At first, I didn’t love the thickness of the cream, but over time, I’ve found a combo that I love: Mixing this moisturizer with a bit of rose-hip oil is my absolute go-to, and I promise as soon as you try it, you won’t ever look back.”

Daily moisturizing lotion

“This has been my daily moisturizer for over a year now. I love how affordable it is, and it really does a better job than the more expensive moisturizers that I’ve tried. I use it on my face every morning, but I love that I can also use it on my hands when my skin is particularly dry.”

Abby is a VP Editor in Chief at HC@ SAU. She overseas the editors and editing articles. Beyond HC, Abby is involved in STEP. Abby is majoring in Human Performance and Fitness, Pre-Occupational Therapy. In her free time, Abby enjoys playing with her bunny, Lulu and going out with friends to get coffee. Fun fact: Lulu is our club mascot!