Campus Cutie: Mitch Millius

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Everything he does, he does for the kids. Whether it’s coming up with crazy dance moves, fundraising for the grand total, or setting up all the logistics of the Big Event, it’s all FTK. Meet this weeks Campus Cutie, SAU Dance Marathon’s Morale Exec, Mitch Millius! 

Name: Mitch Millius

Hometown: Dubuque, IA

Year: Junior

Major: Management and Marketing

Relationship Status: Single

Campus & Community Involvement: Dance Marathon Morale Director and New Student Seminar Peer Assistant

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Movie: The Heat

Favorite Book: I don’t read….

Favorite Meal: I enjoy food too much to have one favorite.

Favorite Midnight Snack: Any type of chocolate…

Favorite Music/Artist: Anything but rap

3 Words That Describe Mitch: Charismatic, Funny, and Devoted

Something that most people don’t know about Mitch: I may seem really quiet and shy, but I’m really not.

Guilty Pleasure:  Grey’s Anatomy

Perfect Date: Dinner and a movie

Hobbies: Binge watching seasons on Netflix, volunteering for different organizations, hanging out with my friends, and eating ice cream.

Who is my role model?: My mom

If I could pack my bags and go anywhere, I would…go to Monaco, a small country by France.

Favorite place in the QCA: My favorite place in the QCA would have to be Whitey’s because I love ice cream.

Dream Career: Market Research Analyst

If I could have any super power, what would it be and why?:  If I could have a super power I would want to be able to fly because I hate driving.

What does Dance Marathon mean to you?: I dance for parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and friends who have watched a loved one suffer or are watching someone they love suffer. Dance Marathon is building relationships and giving support to our kiddos and families who are fighting, fought, or lost their battle to a childhood illness. I dance to be by their families’ sides through the good, the bad, and everything in between. Dance Marathon means bringing more opportunities for parents to hug their child every day, watch their child graduate, and bee with them through every step of life.

Why do you think people should join Dance Marathon?: I think people should join Dance Marathon because the families, kiddos, and people you meet from Dance Marathon changes your perspective towards life. By joining Dance Marathon and attending the Big Event, our families and kiddos stories will grab your heart and make you really understand why we do what we do.

What is your favorite part leading up to the Big Event?: My favorite part leading up to the Big Event would definitely have to be FTK and Dancer Appreciation Week because there are a ton of things going on those weeks like food fundraisers, activities, and ways to get more involved. I also really enjoy FTsKating because it’s a great opportunity to meet some of our kiddos and ice skate at the same time!

What is your favorite part of the Big Event?: My favorite part of the Big Event is definitely the family talks. It’s incredible to see 500 people listening to our journeys our families and kiddos have or are going through. My other favorite part of the Big Event is the Morale Dance because it’s amazing to see everyone get into the dance and scream FTK at the top of their lungs!

Why is Morale so important in Dance Marathon?: Morale is so important to Dance Marathon because we communicate with all of our dancers plus we keep the energy and excitement for Dance Marathon going throughout the year!

*All pictures provided by Mitch, and if you look closely he’s wearing a different DM shirt in every one! :)

Hi my name is Vic(Tori)a. I enjoy eating endless amouts of potato chips and regretting it afterwards, shopping even when I can't afford it, and checking things off my to-do list.
Her Campus at SAU