Campus Celeb: Murphy Garcia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is the one and only, Murphy Garcia! She’s fun, very involved on campus, and never seen without a smile!

Name: Murphy Garcia 

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Double major in Mechanical Engineering and Art

Hometown: Small little farm town called Elburn, Illinois

Birthday: April 4, 1997

Siblings: One younger brother named Benji

Campus and Community Involvement: Co-captain for team 20 for Dance Marathon, Peer Assistant, Lulac, Peer Campus Minister, and the St. Ambrose Dance Company

Roommate: Shannon Herra (Fun Fact: We’ve been friends since first grade!)

If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be? Michael Jackson! I have loved him since I was a baby.

Pets: I have two pitbull lab mixes named Sabel and Zoey. I also have a cat that I probably haven’t seen in a year. 

Future Dream Job: Prostetics

Favorite Restaurant: Genghis Grill 

Favorite Song: Cielito Lindo because my dad sang it to me every night before going to bed. 

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite Shoe Brand: VANS

If you could dye your hair any color what would it be? Lavender

If you had one item to carry with you for the rest of you life, what would it be? Paint. I really like painting, and I could tell a story everywhere I go – like the cavemen did. 

Go-To Outfit: Rolled up jeans, so my funky socks can be shown off. I love to pair comfy jeans with some Vans footwear and a big t-shirt.

If you were famous, what would you be famous for? If I was famous, it would be because my brother because he’s just the funniest person. I wouldn’t be famous for anything, but being the sister of a famous, comedic brother. So I’d be famous by association. 

All photos provided by Murphy Garcia.

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE
Her Campus at SAU