Campus Celeb: JoCele Cassidy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Name: JoCele Cassidy

Grade: Junior

Major: Nursing

Hometown: Peoria, IL

Relationship status: Single

Favorite color: Blue

Favorite TV show: This Is Us and Gilmore Girls

Hobbies: When it is nice out, I love to do anything outside. Going for walks is one of my favorite things. When the weather is bad, I enjoy yoga. And just like most college girls, Netflix and wine is always a go to.

Favorite place to eat: I love going to Los Agaves for margaritas and queso with my friends! 

Guilty pleasure: I really love listening to older music. It what my parents were always playing around my house or in the car when my brothers and I were growing up. Some of my favs would be Bruce Springsteen, Dan Fogelberg, James Taylor, and Paul Simon.

What makes you unique: I do not know if it makes me that unique, but I come from a huge family. Both my parents were 1 of 9 and I am 1 of 5 (4 brothers). I am very family oriented, and we do everything together so we are very close. I would never make a life decision without talking with my family about it and getting their opinions. I would choose my family over anyone, which I do not think everyone would do. 

3 words to describe yourself: I hate this question! I do not ever think about how I would describe myself, but I hope others would describe me as reliable, funny and understanding.

Favorite thing to do on weekend: My favorite thing to do is hang out with my friends. It is a nice break from my crazy weeks to just relax or go downtown with friends!

Favorite memory at SAU: My favorite was this past semester when I celebrated my 21st birthday! My parents came to celebrate and my brother surprised me, which made the day so special! I was also surrounded by so many friends and family the whole weekend! 

Favorite spot on campus: I am not on campus much anymore because I have class in the Health Science Building. So if I am on campus, I am usually in the library on the 3rd floor. I like to study up there so I can look out the window. It is so quiet so I can really focus.

Dream job: I have not had much experience in different specialties of nursing. I am currently in the hospital for my clinical on the surgical floor. I really enjoy that floor but I think I want to specialize as a Labor and Delivery nurse.

Plan after graduation: I plan to work at OSF hospital in Peoria. I hope to someday move to Tennessee, specifically Nashville.