Style > Beauty

Beauty Buzz: 10 Must-Haves That Are Under $10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Welcome back to a new school year, bees! We know being in college is a burden on your budget, so here are ten beauty must-haves for every collegiate to look and feel their best. Bonus: Every product is under $10! Keep reading to learn more about the best of best and where to buy them in the Quad Cities!

1. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge ($6.99)

This tool is very comparable to the Beauty Blender, but less than half the price! For a fool-proof, flawless face application, the Real Technique’s Miracle Complexion Sponge is the best dupe on the market and in some cases, considered better than the OG Beauty Blender. Don’t believe me? Pick it up from Ulta and try it out. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

2. Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation ($4.99) Maybelline’s liquid foundations are incredible. Not only is the color selection impressive, but for less than $5 it’s the best lightweight, buildable coverage in the drugstore market. The Matte + Poreless is best for oily skin, while the Dewy + Smooth formula works wonders on dry to normal skin. You can purchase these foundations at any place that sells drug store makeup, like Wal-Mart or Target.

3. L’Oreal true match powder ($7.99) Every makeup lover agrees, L’Oreal True Match is the best of foundation powders. This powder gives you a buildable coverage, but allows your skin to breathe. It’s easy to apply and blends into the skin like butter! For all you busy bees, it’s compact enough for travel touch-ups. Flawless skin on the go?! Do yourself a favor and visit Wal-Mart or Target ASAP.

4. Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder ($5.97)

The Airspun Translucent Powder is a beauty product people keep on the down low, but for selfish (and good) reasons. It’s comparable to the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, but it’s a fraction of the price. This hidden gem is rare to find, but if you’re lucky and the product is in stock, the powder can be purchased at Walgreens for less than a Chipotle burrito. 

5. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer Treatment ($6.99)

College has you sleep deprived and raccoon-eyed?! Worry no more! For ages, Maybelline’s Age Rewind Concealer is a drugstore cult favorite amongst many – if not all – makeup artists. This iconic concealer never fails to cover even the worst dark circles and spots. While I can’t vouch for its “cure” as a treatment, this product sure does justice for my nasty dark circles when I need it to. You can cop one at any place, but it’s cheapest at Target right now.

6. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara ($5.59) For mega volume on the lashes, the L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black is a must! While mascaras like to say it can do this and it can do that, this mascara has never disappointed. Again, Target gives you the best price on the market, but you can find this mascara virtually anywhere.

7. Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighters ($6.00)

Makeup Revolution has extremely affordable beauty products, but the most impressive products are its highlighters. Some compare these highlighters to the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors because this highlight will blind you! If you want to shine like a goddess for days, pick up Revolution at Ulta because this is the highlight for you. 

8. NYX Lip Products (Under $10, Always)

This might be cheating, but almost every lip product from NYX Cosmetics is under $10 so why not include them all? Head to Ulta to find almost any lip product your heart desires. From liquid lipsticks to buttery glosses, NYX is the way to go.

9. Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner ($5.99)

For those interested in trying a liquid eyeliner, this one is perfect for beginners. It’s extremely easy to control and has such a fine felt tip, your wing will be sharp enough to kill. Some liquid eyeliners struggle in color payoff, but this liner is as black as my soul. Find it at Target before it’s gone!

10. Milani Blush Baked Powder ($5.94)

Another underated beauty product that college students should know about are the Milani Baked Blushes. There are a variety of colors, but the cult favorite is Luminoso (as pictured here). It’s perfect for all skin types and colors, while still remaining super afforable! You can only find Milani products at CVS in the Quad Cities, but a little birdy told me she saw these at Wal-Mart too.

There you have it, ten beauty must-haves that are under $10! Don’t sleep on this, bees. These products are inexpensive and definitely worth the hype. Next time you’re out looking for new beauty products, be sure to try any of these! 

*All Photos Courtesy of Google

Christine La is a senior at St. Ambrose University where she is pursuing a major in Public Relations and minors in Marketing and Management. When she's not blogging, she can be found at a local coffee shop satisfying her caffeine addiction, binging Friends on Netflix, and daydreaming of travel adventures. You can follow her on Instagram @xo.chris.