Autumn Events in the Quad Cities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Do you need some fun things to do with friends this fall? Take a break from homework and go to these fun events!

1.) Bumble Rumble and Killer Bee

Support your SAU Children’s Campus by cheering on those running the Killer Bee 5k on September 21st! (Homecoming!) Registration is closed, but you can also enjoy supporting our little bees running their own race! You won’t want to miss out on this! Races begin 7:30-8:30AM! There are children activities afterwards, so bring your little ones!

2.) SAU HOMECOMING!

Come support your bees at the homecoming football game on September 21st! Tailgate with friends and have a fun evening!

3.) Hot Air Ballon Festival

On September 27th-28th, there is the annual Quad City Hot Air Balloon Festival! Gates open at 4PM on Friday and Saturday. Come ride a hot air balloon for $15/person! They light up at dusk, too! There are other activities to do here, too! Come enjoy the beautiful scenery! Entry is free, but donations are encouraged to benefit the QC Animal Welfare Shelter. Bring a donation item or cash!

4.) Ghost Tales

Are you overly ready for Halloween? Hosted by the Colonel Davenport House in Rock Island, you can bring lawn chairs/blankets and listen to spooky ghost stories at 7PM! If you come earlier, you can also go on a complimentary tour of the Colonel Davenport House at 5:30PM. Admission is only $6 for adults, and refreshments are available!

5.) Paw-Some Halloween

Do you love pets? Come to the Quad City Botanical Center at 1-3PM on Sunday, October 13th to pamper your pets! Enter your pet(s) in a costume contest! Read Halloween books with your pets! Spoil your pet with items from vendors! Come celebrate Halloween with your best friend!

6.) Witches Walk and Fall Festival

On Saturday, October 26th, you can enjoy a witches walk and fall festival in LeClaire! Come support your local businesses!!! There will be games and food vendors on Cody Road! There will also be costume contests for pets, groups, adults, and children! The event is free, so you almost have to come!

7.) Halloween Parade

In Bettendorf, there will be a Halloween Parade on Saturday, October 26th at 7PM! Come enjoy this spooky night with fun floats! On their website, it says that the parade starts at “the intersection of 23rd Street and Middle Road, then continues onto Spruce Hills Drive.” 

Image credit links:

Killer Bee, SAU Homecoming, QC Balloon Festival, Ghost Tales, Dog Costumes, LeClaire Shops, Bettendorf Halloween Parade

Her Campus at SAU