This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Well it’s about quarantine, so kinda….

Confessions of a Quarantined (Maybe) Temporary Online College Student

Confession #1

I have worn the same sweatshirt and shorts for three days straight. At least I am saving energy by not doing laundry. Go Earth!

Confession #2

I haven’t worked out in two weeks. Yikes, that’s not good for my mental and physical well being. Unfortunately, there is no motivation available for me to use. Quarantine 2020 stole it. 

Confession #3

I have not been working on school everyday. Please tell me I’m not alone in this one. If there’s no class to get up for then why not just stay in bed until 8 pm. Then panic because you realize you have to read an entire book by Thursday and it’s Tuesday. Okay so maybe I should be doing schoolwork every day. 

Confession #4

Since I can’t go out and walk around Target or Walmart for hours in my free time… I do it on my phone. I have searched all clearance aisles online for hours each day. The life of a poor but aspiring fashion icon. 

Confession #5

I usually sit at my kitchen table and attempt to do homework, but I end up looking out the window and watching the birds eat seeds for 45 minutes. They are really fascinating creatures, so far we’ve had 12 sparrows, 7 Cardinals, and 2 unknown bird species. I think I should get back to homework. 

Confession #6

My dog has been my best friend and study buddy during lockdown 2020. She sits on my lap while I’m trying to watch really boring documentaries on the ancient philosophers and how they changed the world. (I know this is important but come on Prof!) I end up falling asleep 15 minutes in. 

Cozy Two Friends Girls Tea Sweaters Warm
Molly Longest / Her Campus
I miss all my girlfriends so much! I didn’t realize how a part of my life they are until I can’t walk over to the library with them. Or get coffee and chat. They’re all scattered across the states and my only connection with them now is sending TikToks and using ugly snapchat filters for entertainment. Basically what I’m saying is, I love you girls so much!

I'm a sophmore at SAU, majoring in Psychology!
Her Campus at SAU