Life > High School

Advice to the Seniors About to Graduate, From Someone Who Graduated Six Years Ago.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

1. Enjoy the last four months of your high school career

You will never get it back. Take a chance to talk to the boy or girl you have been crushing on for the last four years. Also, your mom loves you, she only wants the best for you. So while your complaining they are way overbearing. Just know, you’re her baby, someday you will wish she was still like this. Even though you may think their advice is not good, someday that advice will come in handy.

2. Friends will come and go

They say after middle school you find who your true friends are. What they really mean is after high school. When you go to college, the hierarchy is different. You’re going to be the freshman. You’re an adult, but not a full adult. If you go all out too soon, you will burn yourself out. Yes, you can enjoy yourself, but stay true to you.

3. When your mom calls you, answer the phone

Don’t leave her on voicemail. She misses you, I call my mom every day. 

4. I cannot stress enough when I say this, go to class

You are paying a lot to attend this school. Well, you may say I can do what I want I am paying to go here. That may be true, but someday when you look back at your college years, do you want to say, “I barely went to class?” or “I went to all of my classes, and I made some pretty great friends?” Sure you can go to parties and make friends, but those are just your party friends. Find people who are going for what you’re going for, they will understand if one day you’re burned out because so are they. 

5. Join as many clubs as you can within reason

These clubs will look great on a resume. Have fun. If you get the chance to Study Abroad, take it and run. In less than five years for some, you will be out in the workforce trying to pay for your loans. If you get the chance when you’re still in college and it’s deferred go for it.

Stil
STIL / Unsplash

P.S.

Don’t change who you are for others, be the best YOU, You can be.

phone, clock, abroad

Hello! My name is Ashley Ploog! I am a Senior here at Saint Ambrose University! I am in the Bachelors of Social Work program here. Some of my hobbies include working on my books, reading, singing, designing clothing sets on shoplook, and spending time with my goddaughter. I love reading articles and I am so excited to start writing them again!
Her Campus at SAU