Abbie Tosch: the real face of Ambrose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

If you haven’t already met this adorable sweetheart, you’ve heard of her….or you’ve witnessed her running something on campus….or received and email from her….or someone you know, knows her. Here she is! Abbie Tosch, the woman quite possibly holding this entire campus together all on her own!

Name: Abigail ToschHome Town: Big Rock,Illinois          “I love Big Rock because it’s a cute country town with not much in it. I like the close knit feel and none of the pressure of buildings and people everywhere. It’s also conveniently in a centralized prime location. It’s also always fun to talk about because it’s an oxymoron; It’s not a very big town…and yes there is a little rock near by…and yes they are bigger…We also have a town rock….and yes it is large for a rock. HAHA”Major: Elementary EducationMinor: Endorsement -> Reading         “I love working with children and to see their faces light up when they have just learned something new and exciting. It’s something everyone should witness. The way kids think and act is so interesting to me. I hope to also be moving on to counseling but that is in the distant future. I picked Reading as my content area because I love to get engaged in a good book and getting so involved in a new type of world. I would want to share this passion and experience to my students the best way I could.”Class at Ambrose: Junior Athletics: Previously on the Basketball teamClubs: CAB, Kappa Delta Pi, Phi Eta Sigma, ADAPT, Dance Marathon, soon to be The National Society of Leadership and SuccessSummer Job: I worked with ponies and kids at a children’s historical place.Favorite Color: Purple!Favorite Animal: Elephant!Memorable Childhood Experience: We always went to the apple orchard and pumpkin farm with all of the family members and we’d have a competition to see who can figure out the corn maze that fastest. We always picked up the delicious apple doughnuts, and we’d choose the very best pumpkins to carve. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I’m so excited that it’s quickly approaching! Where do you want to live after school: Ideally; North Carolina or Oregon.             Realistically; probably back in Illinois Dream Vacation: A trip to New Zealand! Or Australia…..or Africa where I can ride and pet an elephant. I’m not picky, so a beach somewhere would suffice as well. HahahAdvice to Freshman: Do not fret. College is a whole different world than High School, but you’ll get used to it. Yes, in college you might have to make new friends all over again, but it will get easier. Trust me! I am all about getting out there and not being afraid to try new things. It may be hard to take the first step but it will be worth it. There is plenty of fun stuff to do on campus or just in Davenport, ya just have to look. (or in most cases there will be a random flyer some where around campus). 

Her Campus at SAU