This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Working through and now graduating from SAU as a first generation college student has been no easy feat. Through all the highs and lows, I’ve enjoyed being able to learn all kind of things in both classrooms and in life. As an undergraduate I was able to learn so much here, and as a graduate student I hope to be able to apply that knowledge in settings that will help me develop more skills to take with me. 

I would like to thank the Her Campus chapter of SAU for being so wonderful and welcoming. I joined as a freshman, and the craziness and challenges that have come and gone with college life have been made more enjoyable alongside my club members. I was so grateful to be able to form connections with so many women here on campus! I always knew if I saw a Her Campus member out and about I had a friend I could talk to, and that we’d be able to find something to connect on. While I will be remaining active in the club during my graduate year, the on campus undergraduate interactions will never be forgotten. 

The future holds a lot of things: uncertainties, hopes, dreams, anxieties; but I know for sure that the friendships and experiences I’ve made here at Her Campus will provide me with a solid foundation. Knowing that I have the support of so many people within my own chapter, as well as the linked support of all the women across the organization brings me a sense of belonging and connectedness that I will never forget. 

Thank you for all the lovely memories! I look forward to making more!

<3

Just a psych major looking to share some words!