Life > Experiences

9 Weird Things You Can Do With Your Suitemates To Become BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

1. Nap With Them

When that mid-day sleepiness hits, sleeping in your suitemate’s extra bed hits differently. Beware: sometimes, when you wake up, you’ll forget you went into your suitemate’s room and you’ll wonder where you are.

2. Share Hot Chocolate

If you find yourself with a suitemate who LOVES hot chocolate, take that as a golden opportunity. Her hot chocolate is now YOUR hot chocolate too.

3. Write Notes on Their Mirrors

You can remind them to eat dinner, do their homework, or study for their upcoming test. You can also just come up with stupid nicknames, recite memes and tiktoks, and do absoultely nothing helpful. Your choice. You can see my suitemate Sydney taking a photo with my phone of a quality tiktok meme. I love her. ❥

4. Cry With Them

Big sad hours. Stress is SO REAL. Sometimes you just need to let it out, and who better to cry with than your equally stressed out suitemates. 

5. Stay Up Into the AM With Them

Talk about conspiracy theories, your major, what you like about your classes, piercings, what to wear to your presentations, and how close you are to a mental breakdown. These are all things you could talk about for hours, so make sure to do it often!

Here’s my suitemate Sydney (left) talking to my roommate Victoria (right)!

6. Go to the Caf With Them

Get way too much food, the world’s best ice cream, and curliest curly fries you’ve ever seen. Get that food to go so you can go hang out and talk more in your rooms.

7. Help Them Find Lost Items

When your suitemate loses their phone for the millionth time, don’t forget to be the best mom friend you can be and point out that her phone is literally sitting right next to her on the bed.

8. Research Spiders on Their Windows

If you find a little spider friend making a web on the outside of your suitemate’s window, offer to look up the species so you can find out if it’s dangerous. Piece of advice, DO NOT LET THE SPIDER IN.

9. Share Inside Jokes With Them

Be open to all kinds of jokes: tiktok, vine, etc.

Invest your time into making the joke the best.

Get a good amount of joking material.

Find videos to share and make jokes out of.

Initiate new jokes every time you can.

Search for jokes in every activity that you do.

Have faith that your jokes are the best jokes.

I like to make lists and write about the finer things in life.