tropical flower bright nature
tropical flower bright nature
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

9 Fun & Easy Songs on Ukulele That Will Impress Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

I am happy to say that I have had some extra free time to work on getting better at playing ukulele and it has been a blast! I teach private music lessons (now virtually) and some of these songs have even been perfect to hand off to my students. These are a few songs I have some across that, once you get the hang of playing uke, these will come to you fairly quickly and they’re sure to impress your friends! I have included videos of performances I have done of each song as well as the chords you will need to learn in order to play each song. Enjoy and happy playing :)

Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen

Chords you’ll need: D G C Bb E A F

This is a little more than your basic 4 chord ukulele song which makes it a fun and manageable challenge! Once you work out the kinks and practice the transitions, this one is a crowd pleaser and improves your skills set at the same time!

I’m a Believer – The Monkees/Smash Mouth

Chords you’ll need: G D C F

Who doesn’t love to get up and dance around to this one? This song is super upbeat and will fall under your fingers super easily!

Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles

Chords you’ll need: A D B7 Bm E7 C G (plus the riff optional)

This one will push you a little bit more than others, but when the sun comes out, this is the song that everyone will be itching to hear!

Count On Me – Bruno Mars

Chords you’ll need: Am C Dm Em F G

This is one of my personal favorite because it is a really sweet song with a nice rhythm and introduced me to some new chords that weren’t out of my comfort zone!

Home – Phillips Phillips

Chords you’ll need: C F Am G

This heart felt tune is perfect on a uke and the chords are a piece of cake! People won’t be able to resist a smile when they hear you do this one :)

Someone To Lava – Pixar

Chords you’ll need: C F G7

This Pixar short film song is so cute and fun you can’t go wrong with it! If you haven’t seen it before, make sure you look up the video of it, but I did attach a link to a tutorial for learning to play it.

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) – Green Day

Chords you’ll need: G C D Em

Punk rock on uke? I think so! This acoustic song transfers from guitar to uke perfectly and it such a fun and meaningful song to play along to.

Let It Be – The Beatles

Chords you’ll need: C G Am F A (optional Em Dm Bb)

Everyone loves this song more than they realize. The gist of this song is super simple because you can skip the quick turnaround and bridge, but when you’re ready, you can add them back in to add the extra challenge!

Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison

Chords you’ll need: C D Em G (optional D7)

This was the first song I ever learned on uke and it’s still one of my favorites and a total go-to! This song brings a lot of good memories out in people which is perfect for any occasion :)

Math Teacher by day, bass player by night and a bee for life <3