The 8 Cheap Coffee Stops of the QC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Personally, I’m tired of spending a million dollars on a Starbucks coffee. As a broke college student, the struggle to find a cheap cup of good coffee is the struggle. However, here’s a list of cheap coffee shops in the QC area. You’re welcome.

Redband Coffee Company – 329 E. 4th St. – Davenport          

Open: 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m. 7 days a week

I highly suggest that you make your way to Redband coffee in the morning. They’re scones and breakfast sandwiches are heavenly. Don’t forget to add a soy latte as well!

Cool Beanz Coffeehouse – 1325 30th St. – Rock Island          

Open: M-F  7:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.  S&S  9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.

This place has EVERYTHING! They have all of the vegan and vegetarian needs and wants as well! Like the Facebook page says, it’s definitely a warm place to chill.

Dowtown Central Perk – 226 W. 3rd St. – Davenport

Open: M-F  7:00 a.m.-9:00p.m.   Sat  7:00 a.m.-11 p.m.   Sun CLOSED

This is the perfect place to go for a healthy lunch. Plus they have a lot of room to bring your homework!

Dead Poet’s Espresso – 1525 3rd Ave – Moline

Open: M-Sat  6:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.  Sun CLOSED

If you’re wanting a coffee place with an amazing atmosphere then this is your place! Not only specializing in coffee, their other drinks are just as yummy!

Davenport Coffee Hound – 2642 Brady St – Davenport

Open: 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.  7 days a week

With a drive-thru and a walk-up window, if you’re looking for somewhere quick and easy to get a coffee or smoothie, then I think you’ve found your place!

Milltown Coffee – 3800 River Dr. – Moline

Open: M-Sat  6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.  Sun  7:00a.m.-5:00p.m.

With an amazing view of the river, I highly suggest that you try the iced skinny banana foster!

Atomic Coffee Bar – 4707 Brady St. – Davenport

Open: M-F  5:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.  S&S  6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.

New to the Quad-City area, this strictly dive-thru coffee shop is already becoming a coffee-lover favorite! There’s a little something for everyone!

Dunn Brothers Coffee –  787 Middle Rd. – Bettendorf

Open: 5:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m  7 days a week

This is my personal favorite. If you are looking for a place close to campus and somewhere to do homework then it’ll become your favorite, too! Try the iced vanilla nirvana!

Hi my name is Vic(Tori)a. I enjoy eating endless amouts of potato chips and regretting it afterwards, shopping even when I can't afford it, and checking things off my to-do list.
Her Campus at SAU