7 Budget-Friendly Things to do During Semester Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Here are some fun and cheap things to do over semester break!

1. Movie Marathon- Pick a couple of movies, heat up some microwaveable popcorn, load up those soft drinks and get comfy!
  2. Clean out your closet- Cleaning and clearing out your clothes can be quite therapeutic, as it offers a sense of accomplishment and we feel a bit more in control of our hectic lives.
  3. Go Ice-Skating- ice skating is a festive winter activity that never gets old
  4. Hang out with your family- Being in college means being away from family practically 24/7, so take some time to let the people supporting your college experience know that you care about them.
  5. Check out some Christmas lights- Many cities have awesome holiday festivals, including a trail of lights to walk or drive through, photo opportunities, and holiday-themed food from various vendors along the way
  6. Get back into an old hobby or find a new one- doing what you love can make your college winter break a great one.
  7. Bake Christmas cookies- gather some friends and get to baking!
Abby is a VP Editor in Chief at HC@ SAU. She overseas the editors and editing articles. Beyond HC, Abby is involved in STEP. Abby is majoring in Human Performance and Fitness, Pre-Occupational Therapy. In her free time, Abby enjoys playing with her bunny, Lulu and going out with friends to get coffee. Fun fact: Lulu is our club mascot!