This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

If one thing could define fall, it would be pumpkins. As soon as that first leaf drops we like to bust out pumpkin everything. Pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin scented candles, and of course insta-worthy trips to the pumpkin patch. What do we usually do with those pumpkins? Carve or paint them and leave them to rot. What if I told you that you could use the whole thing? Yes, guts and all. Halloween may be over, but stay in the fall spirit with these 5 ideas to use your whole pumpkin!

Pumpkin Seeds

Use your moms old recipe or find a super simple one on Pinterest. This classic autumn snack is so easy to make!

Pumpkin Mac & Cheese

Put a fun fall spin on this classic dish by adding in some homemade pumpkin puree (yes made with the guts!) to your favorite mac and cheese.

Pumpkin Chips

Make a snack as crisp as the November air! Grab a bowl of these for the inevitable Thanksgiving break Netflix binge. 

Pumpkin Dip

Have a sweet tooth? Try making a pumpkin dip (of course with homemade pumpkin puree)! It’s sure to be a hit with all of your aunts at Thanksgiving dinner!

Pumpkin Bowl

To add a final touch to any of these snacks or your own favorite fall treat, clean out a small pumpkin and use it as a bowl! So cute!

Happy Fall Y’all!

Inspired by Kristen Mcatee 

All photos from Google

Senior Editor Early Childhood Ed Pole Vault & Javelin Babe on a Budget xoxo -alissa deshanealissam@sau.edu
Her Campus at SAU