5 Tips to Stay Motivated Till Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s that time of the year, so close to summer that we can see the finish line in the distance. The need for sunshine and fun is at an all time high, but the motivation to finish out the year is at an all time low. Keep these five things in mind as you near the end of April to stay motivated and come out on top. 

1. Keep a positive attitude

At the end of the day make sure that school isn’t taking over your life. The world is not coming to an end, I promise. That huge final you have coming up or the test you took yesterday you think you bombed, you will make it through it all. The more you stress about it and keep a negative attitude, the worse it will get. Keep the negativity out and bring in the positivity! That means keeping your head up high, a smile on your face, and slay like you always do. 

2. Stay organized

Highlight your notes, make flashcards, even re-write your notes if you have to. The more organized you are the less stress you’ll have, and the less stress the more happier (hint hint positive^^^) you’ll be. Keep your workspace clean and avoid clutter; a messy life results in messy grades, and no one wants that. Yes, organization can take time, but that time you take out of your day to keep organized will help you in the long run. 

3. Make time for yourself

Whether it’s a quick study break or a night out, making time for yourself is a top stress reliever. Sure, you may be stressing out about that paper you still haven’t started yet, but that time off will give you time to go into that paper with an open mind. Just know that you are not the only one at the bar or in the cafe that is freaking out, you are not alone. Take that time to relax. Get in a Netflix episode or two, maybe even a quick nap, it’ll be worth it in the end. 

4. Get some sleep

Pulling an all nighter may seem like a good idea at the time, but in reality it is not good for your health. College students should aim for at least eight hours of sleep a night, but if that’s not possible make sure you are getting as much as you can. Without sleep you brain will not function to the best of its ability. Getting your beauty sleep means no long, groggy days and being more alert in your classes to pay attention. You need to rest to be a happy and healthy human!

5, Make sure to eat

Let’s be clear, we all love food so how could we forget to eat? However, when all you can think about is your classes and your constantly running around campus, there is the possibility that you’ll skip a meal here and there. DON’T DO THAT! Food is what gives us the energy we need to get through the day, and believe me, you will need all the energy that you can get, so eat up. 

Just remember, no matter what your grades are, you are learning important things. The sum of your college experiences, good and bad, will help mold you into the wonderful person you are destined to be. 

Hi my name is Vic(Tori)a. I enjoy eating endless amouts of potato chips and regretting it afterwards, shopping even when I can't afford it, and checking things off my to-do list.
Her Campus at SAU