5 Signs Your Dog Is Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Some of us are lucky enough to have a four-legged furry friend. For me, her name is Ramsey. She’s a five-year-old chocolate lab, and she’s quite possibly the cutest dog you’ll ever see. Most importantly, she’s my best friend, and she has left pawprints dancing on my heart! Here are five signs that your dog is your best friend too!

1. You take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

We all want to capture our dogs being cute. But let’s be honest, our dogs are cute all the time. A few clicks later and our dogs have taken over our camera roll and snapchat!

2. You facetime home just to see them.

You might be on vacation, away at college, or at a friend’s house and the next thing you know you are face timing your parents, so they can show you your dog! Each minute with your furry friend counts and it always makes you feel so much better when their tail starts wagging at the sound of your voice.

3. You buy matching Christmas sweaters.

Yes this is a thing! If you’re wondering American Eagle used to sell matching sweaters for you and your dog, and I might have splurged a little, but it was totally worth it.

4. You celebrate their birthday just like you celebrate yours.

You throw your dog a birthday party complete with a cake, candles, treats, presents, and a birthday outfit for the special birthday boy or girl! You may even invited a few friends and family, but the day is devoted to spoiling your “good boy/girl”!

5. They are waiting anxiously to see you after work or class, and you’re so excited to see them.

It’s the nicest feeling to have them greet you at the door every single time you come inside the house. They never lose excitement. You might just be going ot to get the mail, but to them (and to you) you’ve been a part for too long.

Photo Credits: face timing, matching sweatersdog birthday

2021 Exercise Science Major