5 Reasons Why You Should Write for Her Campus SAU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

School is back in session, Bees and while your schedule may already be filling up, there is one more thing you should add to your to-do list – signing up for Her Campus SAU! If you’re interested in public relations, journalism, marketing, social media or just love to write, Her Campus SAU may be the organization for you. Still need convincing? Check out the five reasons why you should write for HC SAU below.

1. The Experience

You’ve heard it a million times. “Future employers won’t care about your grades. What really matters is your real world experience.” Writing for Her Campus SAU is a perfect way to start getting involved with journalistic writing. You’ll also be adding to your portfolio after every piece is published.

2. The Involvement

By writing for Her Campus SAU, not only are you instantly boosting your resumé, but you’re also joining one of the fastest growing organizations on campus. While you may already be bogged down with class, homework and other clubs, HC meetings are something you would actually look forward to. They’re quick, painless and are full of a lot of laughs. HC SAU helps you get involved, but in a time-friendly way.

3. The Creativity

As a HC contributor, you get to write about whatever you want. Is there something on campus that you feel needs more coverage? Write a feature about it. Mad about Victoria’s Secret discontinuing their swimsuit line? Blog about it. Unlike class, nobody tells you what you should write about, and the opportunities are endless.

4. The Giveaways

I’m not going to lie, one of the main reasons I joined HC my sophomore year was because of the awesome freebees that the writers get. Each semester, HC sends out a survival kit full of goodies that are perfect for everyone. We’ve received books, coupons to Chipotle, feminine products and more Vera Bradley than we know what to do with. Seriously, I haven’t had to buy another Vera wristlet in years thanks to HC SAU.

5. The Friendships

Everyone who’s involved with Her Campus SAU already has one thing in common – they love to write! Get a bunch of girls together writing about the things that interest them and you’re bound to make some connections. Between the meetings, events and late night texts, members of HC SAU form a bond that can’t be broken. I’m blessed to say that I’ve made some of my best friends while writing for Her Campus SAU.

Getting involved is super easy! Just send an email to our Campus Correspondents, Christine La and Kathleen Gay to get started. HCXO.

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU