5 Reasons to Watch the Super Bowl When You Don’t Care About the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Super Bowl 50 takes place this Sunday, Feb. 7, between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers. Some of you may be counting down the minutes until kickoff, while others can’t wait until the Big Game is over. Even if football doesn’t interest you at all, there are still many reasons to join in on the fun. Here are five reasons to watch the Super Bowl when you really couldn’t care less about the Super Bowl.

Reason #1: The Food

Everybody knows that Super Bowl Sunday pairs with mouth-watering food just as well as peanut butter pairs with jelly. Enjoy a day full of wings, burgers, chips, dip and queso. You may not be paying attention to the game, but you will be paying attention to the ingredients in the spicy buffalo chicken dip. There’s always room for seconds…and thirds.

Reason #2: The Halftime Show

The Super Bowl Halftime Performance is just as anticipated as the Super Bowl. With thousands of lights and top-notch performers, there’s no reason not to watch it. This year, the NFL has some of the biggest names it could find. Coldplay, Bruno Mars and Beyoncé are all schedule to perform. You heard that right. BEYONCE.

Reason #3: Beyoncé

Does this reason go along with Reason #2? Yes. But does Queen B deserve everything and then some? Yes, again. Does Beyoncé run the world? Yes, yes, and yes. When Beyoncé performed at the 2013 Super Bowl, the lights went out. Who knows what will happen this year?

Reason #4: Commercials

While you may not care about one single aspect of the Super Bowl game, there’s one thing you can always count on—the commercials! In fact, some companies have already began to debut online trailers to build anticipation for Game Day. Bud Light, T-Mobile, Snickers, and more are ready to rock your world with their Super Bowl entertainment.

Reason #5: The Beverages

With delicious food often comes delicious beverages. Super Bowl Sunday gives everyone an excuse to fill their fridge with enough brewskis for the whole gang. Enjoy your Sunday Funday…if you’re of age.

Kickoff is at 5:30, so fill up your plate, grab a drink and flip on the TV. There’s no reason to miss the Big Game. Oh, and did I mention Beyoncé will be there? #Flawless

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU