5 Reasons Hayley Williams Is 2017’s Top Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s only the beginning of 2017, and women have been making a big splash. For the past few years, women have increasingly spread awareness for girl power, boss babes, and nasty gals. This has left some awesome inspiration for the young women who will shape our future.

There is a list of women that may come to mind when talking about the “girl power” era: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, etc. But there’s one woman who, IMO, has slipped under the radar and deserves major cred.

Hayley Williams.

That’s right, the lead singer to your fav band in middle school, Paramore. Though the band has changed and Hayley has grown up, she definitely hasn’t gone out of style. Here are 5 reasons why Hayley Williams should be your biggest role model in 2017

1. She’s a Twitter goddess.

If you don’t already follow @yelyahwilliams on Twitter, you’re missing out. She not only sends great messages about topics that she feels strongly about, but highlights her favorite songs in the moment, promoting and advocating for music and artists in general.

2. She is and always has been completely confident in herself.

Hayley has rocked every hair color and style on this planet, rocks the most unique outfits, and is never afraid of a new makeup trend. Don’t believe me? Check out her “Kiss Off” episodes on PopTV with makeup artist ColorMeBrian, where she tries out whatever style or look she’s feeling that week. If that doesn’t inspire major confidence in you, I don’t know what will.

3. She sticks to her beliefs.

Many people don’t know that some of Paramore’s most successful songs actually have a religious meaning. If you couldn’t tell by the cross tattooed on her leg, Hayley is pronounced Christian. Some of your fav jams were written based on her faith, i.e My Heart, Let the Flames Begin, & Turn It Off.

4. She knew when to “Grow Up”.

Paramore’s latest self-titled album had so many “coming of age” moments that are important for young women in their teens and twenties to hear. Songs like “Grow Up”, “Moving On” and “Ain’t It Fun” are all fantastic anthems that promote self-love and address the fear of the unknown when trying to start fresh.

5. She started her own successful and FUN business.

When you think Hayley Williams, you think of her bright hair. So what better person to start an eccentric hair dye line? goodDYEyoung is a cruelty free and vegan hair dye full of ingredients like essential oils that basically give your hair a conditioning treatment. There are currently six colors and they can all be combined or customized however you like. Check out the Instagram, and I guarantee you’ll have the sudden urge to make a colorful change.

Basically, Hayley Williams is SLAYING. She is focusing her time on music, products, and businesses that she truly cares about, and is completely confident in doing so. Let her actions inspire you this year to really invest yourself in causes you care about and to let your confidence shine through.

Sources: HayleyTwitter, Hair, Stage, Grow Up, goodDYEyoung