5 Pies That Aren’t Pumpkin to Try for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Thanksgiving is a holiday that highlights something we all love: food. And of course, the best part of dinner is dessert. Thanksgiving, however, seems to be stuck with the sole option of pumpkin pie. Pie is inarguably one of Thanksgiving’s most essential desserts but after a while pumpkin becomes unappealing. So in order to fit in with tradition while spicing it up enough to being interesting: here are five different types of pie that will fill your stomach without annoying your tastebuds! 

Pecan Pie 

This dessert is still a Thanksgiving classic and still manages to differ from the plain-jane version pie that is pumpkin. It’s got a bit of crunch, a little crumble, and is also available to be drowned in whipped cream! It’s nutty flavor really rounds out the combination of turkey and potatoes and is just a tad lighter than a traditional pumpkin pie. This pie is perfect to munch on after dinner and before football or games and is enjoyable for people of all ages! 

Chocolate Pie

Chocolate lovers unite! Chocolate whip pie is fluffy enough to have multiple pieces of, even after you’re stuffed with your dinner. Sweet, soft, and usually covered in Oreos, if you don’t like chocolate pie you’re wrong. 

Apple Pie 

Another classic American dessert, apple pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.  A simple yet delicious treat it’s an appetizing way to end an evening. Perfect to be paired with tea or coffee post-dinner, apple pie is a perfect way to end a Thanksgiving feast and doesn’t weigh on your stomach like pumpkin pie would. 

Strawberry – Rhubarb Pie 

This pie type is more on the fruitier side and is generally made in the summer, but it’s delicious enough to be enjoyed year-round! Paired to perfection with vanilla ice cream, this sweet and sour pastry is mouth-watering and a flawless post-dinner bite. 

Cherry Pie

Another classic fruit option, but this one is so classic that it’s got its own song. This cherry pie is full of fresh fruit and smooth syrup, the dessert is a smooth finish to a full meal. Paired nicely with post-dinner drinks and games, this sweet concoction is sure to give everyone enough of a second wind for a few rounds of cards or Monopoly!    

1st image,1st gif2nd image2nd gif3rd image3rd gif

Just a psych major looking to share some words!
Her Campus at SAU