5 Fun Things You Can Do in the QCA During the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Fall is upon us and what better way to enjoy the season than to get outdoors! Around the QCA, there’s a variety of events to try that’s perfect for this time of the year. Grab your friends and have some fun this fall!

1. Freight House Farmer’s Market; 421 W. River Drive, Davenport, IA

This cute little famer’s market is located right in downtown Davenport! Freight House Farmers Market is open on Tuesdays from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., and Sundays 11:00 am until 3:00 p.m. The outdoor section of the market is open from May until October, while the indoor section is open year-round! You won’t regret stopping by and taking a look at all the great things local vendors have to offer!

2. Black Hawk State Historic Site; 1510 46th Avenue, Rock Island, IL

Fall is everyone’s favorite season (or at least mine) because of the cooler temperatures and beautiful scenery it produces. I can’t think of a better way to admire both of these things than going for a hike! Lucky for us, Black Hawk State Historic Site is located just across the river. This is a 160-acre forest that has about six miles of hiking trails that provide an undisturbed view of the beauty of fall. It’s so much easier to do some nice exercise when there is lovely scenery to look at.

3. Niabi Zoo; 13010 Niabi Zoo Road, Coal Valley, IL

The zoo is fun to go to any time of the year, but it is definitely more fun when you aren’t sweating your butt of and when you can get in free. Tuesday through Friday of the upcoming month offers free admission into the zoo. How great of a deal is that? Niabi Zoo has a range of animals from big cats, to giraffes, to petting zoo animals, so there really is something here for everyone! So, if you’re looking to save a little bit of money, make the trip to Niabi sometime during the week. However, if you’re looking for something to do on the weekend, I promise the money (about 8 dollars) is well spent! Niabi is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., so make sure you check it out.

4. Terror at Skellington Manor; 420 18th Street, Rock Island, IL

For about 11 months of the year, Skellington Manor is a place for weddings, family gatherings and other fun events. But from the end of September until the end of October it is far from pleasant. This four story haunted attraction is guaranteed to scare the heck out of ya. If you are into this sort of thing, Skellington Manor is a great place to hit up. Admission is $15 per person, but it is totally worth it to be able to say that you survived Skellington!

5. Country Corner; 5333 US 150, Alpha, IL

Pumpkin Patches are the best part about fall for many reasons — seeing cute animals, picking out the perfect pumpkin to carve, and indulging in delicious treats! Country Corner supplies all that and more! It is a great place to take a day trip to and enjoy all the fall sights! It is only open until Halloween, though, so be sure to get there while you can. And while you’re there, be sure to take a try at the corn maze, you’ll be glad you went!

Image Credits: Fall

Hey, I'm Kaylee. I love sports and dogs. 
Her Campus at SAU