The Lalawine With Friends
The Lalawine With Friends
Her Campus Media

5 Cozy Cocktails that are Perfect for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The end of the year has always been my favorite time of year. October-December is full of hustle and bustle and reflecting on the past year. The holiday season is a time to be with family and relax. That being said, here are some of my favorite seasonal cocktails (which can easily be made into mocktails) that you can bring to your families festivities or a fun soiree!

Alcohol Drinking Hands Party
Alex Frank / Spoon

Cranberry Moscow Mule

This crowd pleaser is the perfect drink for beginners! It’s fun, refreshing and requires little to know effort!

Ingredients:

2 oz vodka

2 oz cranberry juice

4 oz ginger beer

lime juice (to taste)

Garnish:

fresh cranberries

mint or sprig of rosemary

Method:

It’s easy. Simply mix all ingredients together in a copper mug, but be sure to add the ginger beer last to preserve the fizz! Top with the garnish and enjoy!

Spiced Egg Nog

Egg nog is not for everyone… but this spiced egg nog is rich, nostalgic and delicious.

Ingredients:

3 oz spiced rum

6 oz egg nog (AE is my favorite brand!)

1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon

Garnish:

1 cinnamon stick

Method:

Simply stir the spiced rum into the chilled egg nog. Top with ground cinnamon and a cinnmon stick.

Bailey’s Espresso Martini

Are espresso martini’s considered a holiday drink?? Who cares! This drink is the best nightcap or dessert!

Ingredients:

2 oz vodka

1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream

2 oz espresso

Garnish:

Coffee beans

Method:

Shake all ingredients in your shaker and strain into your favorite martini glass

Orange rosemary Mimosa

I love mimosas at any hour of the day. Here’s a fun, sophisticated twist on a classic mimosa.

Ingredients:

Champage (to taste)

2 oz blood orange juice

1 tbsp rosemary syrup

Garnish:

1 sprig of rosemary

1 orange slice (preferrably dried, but fresh is fine!)

Method:

Pour champagne into your favorite flute to taste and add the juice and the syrup. Top with your garnishes!

Mulled Wine

A classic holiday cocktail. Mulled wine is warm and spiced and great to enjoy with your family.

Ingredients:

All ingredients vary based on the batch you’re making.

1 bottle of dry red wine (can sub white)

1 orange, sliced

1-3 cinnamon sticks

Cloves to taste

Sugar to taste

Brandy or cognac to taste

Garnish

Orange slices

Cinnamon sticks

Apple slices

Method:

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; stir

Heat pan to a slow boil

Remove orange slices and cinnmon stick

Serve and garnish with fresh slices and a cinnamon stick

I hope you are able to enjoy a peaceful and joyful holiday season surrounded by those you love! Cheers!

Lydia Trimble is studying Public Relations and Strategic Communication with minors in Marketing and Psychology. Lydia's interests outside of school include food & wine, mixology, and good television. Instagram @lydiatrimble Twitter @lydiatrimble23