felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

5 Best Places to Buy Dorm Plants in Davenport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Now that it is starting to get colder, we can begin to miss the warm weather and being outside. One way to combat this is by getting a plant for your dorm room. There are many types of plants that are perfect for a dorm, but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right store to get them. These following stores are all found in Davenport, and are an amazing place to find your new plant!

The Green Thumbers

This beautiful store is right down the road from campus on Brady Street, which is a dangerous thing as I often find myself using that as an excuse to go there. The Green Tumbers is honestly one of the best plant stores that I have ever been in! They have hundreds of plants and pots to choose from without being too expensive. 

Wallace’s Garden Center

This store started in the 1950s by a local farmer as a small greenhouse. It has come a long way since then, but it has kept not only its charm, but also the original center structure. I would highly recomend checking this one out!

Freight House Farmers Market

While the farmers market closes in just a few weeks, it is still the perfect place to find a plant. I have seen booths who sell vine plants, bamboo, and even succulents in mugs and jars of all sizes. What better place to buy a plant than from the person who grew it themselves!

Colman Florist

While on the pricier side, Colman Florist offers adorable cactus gardens, multiple bamboo selections, and succulents. This would be perfect for someone new to keeping plants, or if you just want to avoid the hassle of having to immediately re-pot your new plant. 

Walmart

Many people may be hesitant to buy plants from Walmart, but trust me, they have a great selection to choose from at affordable prices. Recently they have stepped up their gardening game and have introduced more succulents than ever before! From agave to zebra plants they have it all, and best yet, the prices average at around $5 per plant. 

My name is Olivia Jobe and I am a Freshman at St. Ambrose University.
Her Campus at SAU