This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With everyone posting about Animal Crossing, you may have asked yourself, “Should I also get a Switch to play with my friends?” You may have also answered yourself by saying, “No, I do not need one! It’s too expensive and not worth it.”

Here are 4 reasons why you SHOULD get one:

1. Be with Friends Virtually

Enrique Vidal Flores / Unsplash

Truth be told, I’ve been MORE socially active with friends now that I have a Switch. You can see when your friends are online, like most other devices, and you can stalk their play history. There are SO many online games that you can play with your friends. You should get a Switch.

2. They have a Switch Lite!

Patrick Spongebob Money
Tenor

With a Switch Lite, you spend $100 less and still have access to most games. Nintendo also recently released a coral Swtich Lite! There are other colors out too, such as yellow, blue, and grey. 

3. Animal Crossing is calling your name….

Gray Study Dice on Table
Pixabay

So you may not be studying as much as you should be…but Animal Crossing is a great stress reliever. You can play with friends and send them gifts! You can also wreck havoc on their towns. Animal Crossing can be a wholesome way to stay connected with your friends and family. 

4. There are SO many great games!

A nintendo switch displaying mario kart is on a display case in front of  blurry convention scene in the background
Pexels

The Nintendo E-Shop is an incredibly user-friendly site. You may see games that you loved on your 3DS or DS Lite pop up in the store. The graphics on these remastered games are beautiful. Rune Factory 4 has even more added onto it! There are also plenty of new games, such as Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

If you’re looking for a distraction or mental vacation, get a Switch! There’s a game for everyone. If you grew up with Nintendo, you’ll fall in love with a Switch. As someone who bought a WiiU, the Switch is 1000000x better.

Her Campus at SAU